berber bullet ???

Just what kind of info or help are you looking for?

I shot the .224 52 grain MEF bullets and found them very accurate in my gun. I think they have dropped the 'MEF' designator in favor of 'Varmint' since then. I didn't continue to shoot them however because of the cost, switched to V-maxes and got the same accuracy for less dough.

Re: berger bullet ???

I get the best accuracy out of most all my rifles with Berger Match Varmint bullets.Same bullet as the MEF Berger just renamed them.I shoot them in 17,20,22 and 24 calibers.The cheapest price I found right now on them is at Powdwr Valley Inc.

Maybe not the best... depending on what you are looking to do with them... but in terms of their quality, consistancy, and design (high BC) they are certanly at the top of the heap.
Im shooting their 95gr 6mmVLDs in a 243AI, and their 7mm, 180gr VLD in a 7STW. The 95gr has killed Pdogs past 900yds, and 2 liter soda bottles past 1400. The 180s are more of the same. Ive shot them to just under 1900yds.
Ive also shot some of their 210gr, 30 caliber bullets... good stuff.

Abinok, you sound like you are on the same track as me or I am on the same as you. I shoot 35gn Bergers out of my 204 Ruger in my savage 12PV, 90gn Bergers out of my savage 12FV 243, 180gn Bergers out of my customized Remington 7STW, and 210gn Bergers out of my customized remington 300 win mag. I have found that they are very consistant and they have worked great for me.

I have shot a little bit of the 210g VLD out of a 300 RUM and now shooting the 168g VLD out of a 7 RM. Both bullets are/were the most accurate/consistent out of any tested. I shot the 210's at 1150 yards and the 168's to only 800. Have only shot coyotes and 1 buck with the 168g VLD. The bullets open up pretty quick, but I"m still experiencing full penetration. The reason I shoot them is because they are accurate, and there BC is usually quite high. I have a couple people wanting to shoot the 115g VLD out of 25-06 and 257 WM, so we'll see how that bullet does. If its anything like the others I"ve shot, I wont be surprised.

I am shooting them out of three guns right now, the 25-06 factory sendero likes the 115 vld's very very much. My 300 wsm is not cooperating right now with the 155's. The most consistant bullet I have found.

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts