Bench Source Annealer with 20lb tank

IAHNTR

Has anyone hooked up a single LP tank to the bench source or the like to use instead of the little 3lb green tanks?

I want to hook up one 20lb LP cylinder, like the ones on your gas grill, to my Bench Source using 2 torches and am wondering where you got your fittings/hoses and which ones.

I stopped at a couple farm type stores with zero luck. Thanks!

Don't blow your house up. There's a reason large propane tanks are stored outside. Even on travel trailers and RVs.

Yes, I would keep the tank outside until needed.

Timber338 Yeah, I'm looking for something like that, but it needs to "Y" to the 2 torch tips.

I'd also like to put a regulator on it to keep the pressure/flames consistent. Not sure if that is needed though.

You will definitely need a pressure regulator. Regulating tank pressure with the tank valve would be very difficult. I would consider one for each side of the Y to make sure both flames are controlled/consistent.

You will definitely need a pressure regulator. Regulating tank pressure with the tank valve would be very difficult. I would consider one for each side of the Y to make sure both flames are controlled/consistent.

Can you provide a company or link to what you're thinking?

Go to your local propane delivery place. They usually have all that stuff and should be able to make you a custom hose with a regulator.

I did this but with a 100# bottle mine is out in my shop not in the house and I went to the local propane supplier and bought all the fittings and hoses I needed to go from tank to torch heads.
Regulator being used on tank.
Works super duper!!
Ken.

I did this but with a 100# bottle mine is out in my shop not in the house and I went to the local propane supplier and bought all the fittings and hoses I needed to go from tank to torch heads.
Regulator being used on tank.
Works super duper!!
Ken.

Ken- Could you shoot me a picture of the regulator please, not urgent. Is there an actual gauge on it and if so, what pressure do you run? Is there any reason a regulator wouldn't fit on a 20# tank?

Thanks
Hollis

No Gauge preset like on a Bar-B-Que.
Those little torches do not need a lot of propane.
I had one torch head plug off and had to replace it a year or so after setting it all up working great since then, last couple years.

Will try to remember to take a pic for you.

Ken.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.