Bell & Carlson stock slection

earl1704

After several good suggestions I think I have settled on a Bell & Carlson stock for my Savage 270 WSM.

Does anyone have experiance with their Medalist SmartStock with Harmonic Vibration Tuning System? Does it work?

The advertising copy seems to sound good, would anyone recomend NOT to use their system?

Not into bedding and working on my own guns, with the aluminum bedding system in the Medalist it should beat the plastic stock the gun came with (thats my best guess).

All the gun smiths in No. Cal. "just fix the broken parts" cant find one will do custom type work on my 270WSM so this is my best guess on where to start.

Any suggestions?

The Medalist is a good stock , as good as HS Precision's , and though a good bedding job never hurts the gun will likely shoot well without one so long as the rear tang isin't stressed and the screws are tight..

Kevin Rayhill of Stockade Stocks makes some realy nice ones also and their as well built as any out their.

Hell for the money the Bell & Carlson DuraMaxx is a **** goo fix to the crappy factroy stock that comes with the Savage , though they will generaly benifit some from a bedding job.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.