bell and carlson stock inlets

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by vendetta333, Jul 9, 2012.

1. vendetta333

vendetta333 Well-Known Member

does anybody know if bell and carlson make a medalist or varmint tac stock for the browning x bolt? or are the x bolt and a bolt the same footprint/inlet? can a b and c stock be ordered un inleted and a smith inlet the stock to either of those actions? also does anyone have approx weights for either type of stock? thanx for all info!

2. vendetta333

bump

3. bronco

bronco Well-Known Member

Not Sure about the X Bolt questions. The medalist stocks are typically 22-30oz depending on the configuation you choose. I would recommend calling Stocky's Stocks at (561) 584-8500 they know everything there is about B&C and will help you custom order if need be. I have done a couple B&C Medalist custom orders through them and their customer service is awesome.

4. Caleb

Caleb Well-Known Member

I second this. I've been bugging Stocky's with questions lately in my quest for stocks and they have been pretty helpful. I also called Bell and Carlson and bugged them for info on medalist stocks and they were nice as well. I even called Winchester when they had noone there to help me and they told me they would get tech support to call me back....The following monday I got a call from Browning. The guy was really friendly and helpful and could probably answer your quiestion about the X-Bolt. But, I can tell you that from what I've seen, the X and the A are probably gonna be different. I know the floor plate between my 1993 A-bolt and the X-Bolts is way different. I'm not sure about the recievers.

5. vendetta333

thanx for the replies! :D

6. Caleb

Caleb Well-Known Member

I did recently handle some X-bolts and to confirm....they are gonna be inletted differently than the A-bolt. My A-bolt has been hunted hard for a couple of decades+ and is a fine rifle, might I add. I haven't picked it up in a couple of years but I did the other day, and decided that I am gonna invest in it. I am gonna get it Cerakoted and put some new glass on it. A tangent I know, but I love my guns and might just love that one the most.