Bell and Carlson Duramaxx stocks

Kedron

Hey guys,
So I've got my college budget long range rig underway in the form of a savage 10fp in .308. The rifle shoots great and I just helped my dad pick out a reloading kit for xmas. The only gripe I have with the rifle is the stock. It just seems a touch flimsy/light/plastic to me and I've been looking into a way to either stiffen/add weight to, or replace it. Has anyone tried or even looked at the Bell and Carlson Duramaxx stocks? They look good in the ads but I haven't seen one in person and wondered if they offered any improvement over the factory stock in weight/rigidity. Other options I've looked at are the Choate stocks and various laminates. McMillan is definitely out of my current price range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The B&C Duramaxx stocks are fantastic. I can't reccomend them enough.

000_0085.JPG

breakin%20close.JPG

Wow, that definitely is a nice looking rig. I see one of these stocks in my rifle's immediate future. Thanks alot Lee, now I just have to choose a color.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.