bell and carlson accurizer

I have used the actual "accurizer" that you can buy and install in any stock. B&C just got the rights to use it in their stocks. I had a #1 Shilen barrel that was real touchy in a light rifle (7/08). The accurizer is really just an adjustable pressue pad in the forearm. It does work if pressure on the barrel helps. Not needed on heavy barrels, but on lighter barrels it will find the "sweet spot". Also, when you change loads, you can change the sweet spot. Installing one in your stock is a challenge since you need to get the pressue pad parallel to the barrel and then adjust the pressure by sanding down the adjustable nylon pressure point. Hopefully, B&C has done the work correctly, but I would check out the upward pressure to verify that it is correct since barrel taper is critical to working correctly. Maybe, they have an instruction sheet to do a final pressure adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.