Been yote hunting

270VARMINT

I have been away from thsi sight for some time know dong th eyote hunting thing and recently was invited to do some elk hunting this coming year so I was looking at some rifle caliber options since I will be new to the large game hunting and hey not to mention the wife has gave me the green light to purchase a rifle for it!! Long range options!!! None the less I have been spending alot of time out hunting (not shooting) so that means I have not always been prosperous in the day. Curently sitting at 12 yotes for this last month and a half. Hoping for a few more this month yet. Well for the life of me I am unable ot post pics. I guess it has been to long away from this site. I will try and post some later. O and my wife bought me a DPMS AR-15 223 stainless fluted heavy barrel for x-mas so I have been haivng fun.

I hope your young and tough. It only took me 1 trip to the field to figure out that I didn`t want a heavy barrel upper for coyote hunting. A hint, I put electrical tape on my stainless barrel to hide the shine.

Actually my AR is a fair amount ighter than what I am used to even with the heavy barrel. Usually I carry a 26 inch bull barreled 204 with fully aluminum beded bell and carlson tacticle stock. Not to mention the 8x32x56 scope. Like I said the AR is us easy. Stainless barrel- yeah I wrapped it with camo wrap. Works Great. I need a new scope for the AR since the current one is less than par when in a hurry! O well can't have it all at once. patience!! ( I hate to wait)!!

I want a wife like that, :) only thing my wife gave me was a divorce and I had to pay for that! (Best purchase I ever made:D)

Here's today with the AR 55gr v-max. Also two nights ago.
IMG00025-20110226-0828.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.