• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Bedding Ruger 77

7mmSendaro

I am getting ready to do a bedding job on a friend's Ruger M77 .243 win. I have bedded several Rem. 700s but never a M77.

Any experience out there? Suggestions?:confused:

use plenty of release agent !!!

The M-77 is a little bit of a pain to bed because of the angled fron action screw , If you only glass bedding it with not pillers then I would wrap the front screws with tape so that their is just enough room for it to be screwed into the stock this will allow the bedding to stay put and not back into the floor plate recess. After this hase cured then drill it out and bed the floor plate assembly.
The rear is a biut harder to bed , I personaly remove all the mechanical parts in the rear like the trigger and safety and things then bed the area and remove any bedding thats going to get in the way of the trigger when it goes back together.

Remove the pressure bedding bump in the stock and open up the barrel channel. Free float the barrel, the rugers I have done this to have become 1/2moa guns. After the job is done, tighten the front screw first, then rear screw. The center screw should just be snug, with very little torq applied.

Pillars

I was planning to pillar bed this rifle. In your experience, is it necessary? It would certainly save a lot of trouble not to pillar bed.

Thanks guys,

Brian

There is a nice article on bedding this firearm in a Precision Shooting magazine from this summer.Volume 55, no 3 July issue. The article was written by Mr. N. Johnson I beleive.

There is a nice article on bedding this firearm in a Precision Shooting magazine from this summer.Volume 55, no 3 July issue. The article was written by Mr. N. Johnson I beleive.

does anyone have a digital copy of this artical? or a scann of it as I am thinking about doing the same thing. and am trying to research but am not finding alot of info on the rugers.

Recent Posts