So I finally decided to break down and learn how to bed a rifle. After doing some research over a month or so, I ordered some Dev-Con Steel putty and some brownells release agent. Went down to wally-world and got some modeling clay and set upon the task of trying to bed my A-Bolt without glueing anything together that didn't belong glued together. After pulling the stock off, I noticed a couple things. First, the recoil lug on the factory stock seemed to be bedded by what seemed to be a teaspoon of Elmer's glue, since I could literally peel it off with my pocket knife. Then there was the fact that I would have to fill the dead-spaces in the tupperware stock with something before bedding unless I wanted use the whole pound of Dev-Con I had. Lastly, bedding the tang area of the A-bolt seemed a bit to tricky for me right now, just not enough room between the action bolt and the trigger group recess for me to try and bed without getting epoxy into the trigger group and such. So I decided to first bed the barrel channel to be able to index the action area properly off the tang and barrel channel. So I put two layers of masking tape on the barrel, filled the dead-spaces with rectangles of styrofoam, masked of the stock and hosed the barreled action down with release agent. Mixed up some putty and layed it down in the barrel channel and then put the barreled action in and put in the action screws just snug. I realized at this point that I should have mixed up a little more epoxy and put it in a little thicker, as I only had epoxy sqeezing out in about a 3-4" section of the barrel channel. But oh well, It'll be enough to index the barrel off, and I can finish off the rest when I bed the action. Couple days later I broke the barreled action free with a couple smacks with a rubber mallet and relieved the recoil lug and action areas with the dremel. Mixed up some putty, hosed down the action area and action screws, checked my modeling clay, then went ahead and poured the putty in the action, recoil lug and parts of the barrel channel that needed more putty (had the action screws taped up in their screw holes). Carefully screwed the action in to keep putty out of the threads of the action screws, and again just snugged the action screws. This time it looked like I had enough putty and had epoxy sqeezing out everywhere it needed to. Broke the action screws loose 4hrs later and everything pulled out OK the next day. After cleaning everything up and putting it back together everything seemed fine except that it appeared that two layers of masking tape had not been enough to free-float the barrel, I couldn't get a thin piece of paper in there, let alone a dollar bill. So after thinking about it a couple days, I decided I would just have to sand it out a bit untill I got enough relief. Whew! let me tell you, you can't take that dev-con out with hand sanding. I finally had to break out the sanding wheel on the dremel, I had been through a whole sheet of 100grit and hand sanded for a full hour and hadn't made much progress. So, here's the finished product, It ain't pretty but I hope it will be functional. Hopefully my next try will go alot smoother and come out looking alot better.