Bedding a TC encore

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by CPerkins, Apr 16, 2007.

1. CPerkins

CPerkins Well-Known Member

I've read some posts on bedding the forearm of a TC Encore. Anyone know where to get instructions or a someone that can do this? I have no experience bedding a rifle but I am willing to try if it is not too difficult

2. Ernie

Ernie <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

specialty pistols, Mike Bellm's, and or chase mountain's forum may be helpful. I know some guys have done it themselves with good redults.

3. wadevb1

wadevb1 Well-Known Member

Have you looked into adding a hanger bar? Designed to free float the stock. I use a few washers to achieve similar results.

4. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

a hanger bar will run you about $28 i just orderd 2 of then from Stratton Custom

5. wadevb1

wadevb1 Well-Known Member

Steve Stratton just did an Encore trigger job, cheapest around at $50.00. Good guy!

6. Randy338

Randy338 Well-Known Member

Steve Stratton is working on #2 for me along with 3 forearms being piller bedded...Great guy to work with....Great feeling trigger.. Both of his sons do barrel work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

i had a ton of questions for steve he was very helpful so much so i ordered a new frame and rifle stock set last night. he called me this moring to verify everything and he is picking up the MGM barrel im having built for this frame and fitting a hanger bar on it and shipping everything at the same time. that will save some money on shipping great guy to do buissness with and highly reccomended

DB