Bear rifle choice.

COWBOYBUCK

i don't want to open a can worms here, but if you were going bear hunting, black bear for now, but maybe grizzly later and you had your choice between a Remington 700 in 30-06 or 7 mm, which would you take?

You can't go wrong with either caliber, I'm a big 7RM fan however, with the 30-06 you can get heavier bullet weights. I shot a 6'6" black bear with 257 WM AT 250 yards dead in his tracks. For Grizzlies I would recommend 175 grain for the 7mm and 200 for the 06. Then there is always which one are you the most comfortable with.
Best of luck.

Style of hunt would play a role, but within basic parameters a 30-06. Close range bait, or predator call 220 Nosler Partition, spot and stalk, an Accubond 190-200 or 210.

i don't want to open a can worms here, but if you were going bear hunting, black bear for now, but maybe grizzly later and you had your choice between a Remington 700 in 30-06 or 7 mm, which would you take?

the one with a 2.5-8 or 3.5-10 leup on it . 3-9 swaro of course.too.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.