Bear Picking

buck.jpg
this is the only one i have on this computer and it does that deer no justice

well judd, wait till next year might not be that easy. i started hunting that very area almost 60 years ago. so far ive put my tag on one. your fortunate to be with a good group, and hunting in a good area. also hunting long range is a big help in that country. problem with bears is they usually dont stop after the first miss. you were very lucky to get a good second shot. ive missed several fairly easy shots. there were no follow ups. you dont need any advise, but ill offer this anyway. next year use your own gun, and make sure your very comfortable with it. to me its like driving somebody elses truck.

Yeah I know PA bear hunting definitly isn't a sure thing.

I do agree I'm very very lucky to have Kevin as a huntin buddy...he has taught me more then I can even begin to say. Plus he builds one he!! of a gun!

The problem was not the gun me and kevin shoot each others guns all year long...we are very familiar with each others stuff.....guns and equipment. Our hunting together just doesn't start in deer/bear season...we hunt all spring and summer together

randy, i cant believe he got that bear done this soon. are you sure he had the hide tanned? is that your dads buck? i didnt see it with the hide on. i suppose that will be done also in a few more weeks at this rate.

yobuck,
yeah thats his buck. the buck is done and i'm picking it up this weekend. he hasnt said anything about the bear yet. i'm just getting the hide tanned with the paws in it. those eyepieces seem to be pretty good to by the way

Ouch. Well, it was a hell of a try at that distance with all that brush. Doubt too many people wouldve been able to pull off that shot in that brush. great effort! nice camera work too. cool video. good luck next time. Ive got a feeling the bear on the recieving end of your next shot wont have a clue what hit him.LIGHTS OUT. pent up vengance can be a good thing for motivation. good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.