BDC nightforce ???

oldmossy

Does anybody know if the BDCtarget turrets are available in the higher power(32-44) nightforce scopes? Shooting the huskemaw now, and would like to upgrade to the 32 power or even higher nightforce. Only been into the longrange scene for a couple years and for hunting purposes only. My huskemaw is 20 power of course and I see aron and mike davidson shooting 20 or 22(?) power. I would think the higher power would be better for those longer ranges. Am I missing something?

I dont think that nightforce makes custom turrets, but G7 (mike and Aaron Davidson's company) has the G7 scope which is a nightforce set up with load specific turrets for yardage.

For hunting you are going to be fighting mirage, you will have a hard time with field of view at lower power, less moa in scope is typical with higher power. So more of a one trick pony. The 8-32x56, and 12-42x56 NF are both Benchrest models. I have seen guys on here with the 8-32 and go back to 5-22 type. 20-22 is a lot of power. March has a 3-24x42, would be a dream,pricey. NF does make the NXS IN 8-32, so I would guess G7, COULD MAKE THE bdc dial

Kenton industries can make you a custom knob. Hope this helps. Regards, Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a Huskemaw 5x20. I't mounted on my custom 300 wsm. krieger barrel, tekka action, bell and carlson stock. made for me by Ken Haden of H&H precision engineering. Ken has a web site and will make you a long range rifle for about half of what his competitors are getting. his rifles are no joke as i shoot 1000 yards plus with amazing groups.

anyway.. back to long range turrets. i choose to collect the data for my turret myself. be advised.. this is a pretty big undertaking which started with generating the load and then moving on to data collection. but.. in the end i was confident on the data and hey.. you can't beat trigger time. btw i killed my elk in oregon at 550 yards.. one and done. if i can help just ask..

Attachments

• cow 2012.JPG
    cow 2012.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 76
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts