BC for Wildcat Bullets

azsugarbear

Has anyone ever seen any published data on BC's for WildCat bullets. I looked on their website, but couldn't find anything. I also wrote the owner over a week ago without response. Anybody got some data? I'm focusing on the .264 and .277 bullet line. Also, any experience with downrange performance on thin-skinned game like deer & antelope?

Sugarbear,

From your registration date you are relatively new here and probably missed the big blow ups we had here on Longrange hunting concerning the BC of the Wildcat Bullets. Lets just say it was not pretty and from that point on Richard has been very tight lipped about the projected BC of his bullets.

I have tested his 169.5 gr and 195 gr ULD RBBT in 270 cal very extensively and can tell you that from actual bullet drop numbers over ranges out to 1500 yards, I have to use a BC of .740 and .910 respectively to get my drop charts to match actual bullet flight over those ranges.

I have not tested the lighter bullets nearly as much as I am really only concerned with the heavies for my 270 and 277 Allen Magnum but I can tell you the lighter bullets also perform very well accuracy wise.

I will be testing Rochards new 165 gr ULD RBBT in 6.5mm here very soon and will report on that. His 142 gr ULD RBBT will be on par with the Berger VLD and 142 gr SMK in BC.

I have taken quite a bit of game with the Wildcat Bullets and they have always performed very well. I have always found the heavy for caliber bullets to act more like a controled expansion bullet verses a conventional jacketed bullet.

They are perfectly suited for any game up to 400 lbs and with the real heavy pills or some of Richards Bonded Core designs they will work very well on the heaviest of game.

Richard is a whitetail hunting nut, well, he is a hunting nut in general and as such, the month of November is pretty much his well earned vacation month.

Keep trying to e-mail him or give him a call on the phone after dark in the evenings and you will catch up with him.

Good Shooting,

Kirby Allen(50)

Yep, What Kirby said!

Kirby gave me a BC of 0.74 for the 169.5 so I cranked out a drop chart, went to the range Zero'd @ 300 and the drop chart was spot on @ 200/300/500 meters and 1100yds.

Hmmmm, a BC of 0.9x for the 195s? I should have a box showing up any day now. I"m pumped!

Performance on elk thus far has been flawless. Search for buffalobob and what two of the WCs did to a bull @960+ yds. Perfecto!

I exchanged emails with Richard a couple of times this week to enquire about his bullets. I was not aware of the thread Kirby cited, so I asked him for the ballistic coefficient for a specific bullet. He politely and tactfully /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif declined to disclose the information. I ordered a box of bullets from him. In conclusion, I think Richard is an easy and pleasant person to deal with. You may want to consider sending him a follow-up email if you have other questions (i.e., not bc related) about his bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts