Bass Pro Shop gift card PROBLEM from Target

ArizonaWildernessHunter

Hello guys just wanted to let everyone know that there is a problem with Bass Pro gift cards being inactive when purchased from outside a Bass Pro Shop store. Got a couple gift cards for graduation and they are showing inactive even though they have receipts and the Bass Pro Shops system is showing them purchased and not yet used. These are $25 cards purchased at Target in Paradise Valley. First contacted Bass Pro Shop on Tuesday and they still have not finished getting them to work. They claim they are having a problem with a lot of cards currently. Now I also have to convince them to give me the $49 free shipping deal that I missed out on since they cannot get this thing sorted out yet. They claim they will get back to me on Monday or Tuesday. So it takes costumer service about a week to get anything done right now.

If you want to buy any Bass Pro Shop gift cards I would check that they work before gifting them or buy them directly from Bass Pro Shops. Who knows where the problem is occurring.

Will update if I can find out the source of the problem.

So after calling everyday since June 3rd, today I was finally able to place my order.

This is how I rate their customer service:

Bill Wagner - Director of Corporate Gift Cards - 1-417-873-5075 - This guy did an awesome job and fixed the problem in less than 10 minutes. He gets a 10/10.

Diane - The lady I placed my order with - She gets a 10/10

Patty - Works in customer service and I think she may be in charge of one of the sub-departments - She was able to fix the free shipping issue in a few minutes, but could not get access to the outside gift card department - She gets a 9/10 (She forgot to call back with an update)

The 6-7 other people get a 0/10. One of them even started laughing about the situation and then transferred the call to a voice mail box that never calls you back. Another person after talking with them 3 times and emailing them said that there was no record of anything. This is why Bill Wagner was contacted today.

Hopefully customer service at this company will improve. If not I think Bass Pro Shops is not going last long. In the 90s they were one of the best.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.