base & rings for 338 edge

BIG MICK

Hi all just picked up my new 338 edge, hs precision stock , 30 inch tube , stainless rem ultra mag action, etc. I am looking at fitting a bushnell 4200 elite 6-24x50 tactical scope , i would like some input on which base and rings to use to get me to about 1000 meters or maybe a little more. any advice would be greatly apreaceated.

BM, On my Edge I used Nightforce 25 MOA Base and their 30mm Rings. Get to 1000 easy.
Good Luck

I know this may not be the coolest combo but I'd suggest Burris dual dovetail bases and Signature DD rings.

Very secure and gives MOA. It would be cheaper than anything else of equal strength.

Can't go wrong with Burris Extreme Tac rings for $50.00, they do what the much more expensive rings do and some guys here have them on their EDGE rifles and like them. I've got the 1" and 30mm models on all my rifles and the $$ I saved going this route allows me to buy more toys :)

Hi all picked up my 4200 elite 6-24 x 50 scope yesterday , finished up going with us optics 20 moa base and leupold prw 30mm rings. Can anyone suggest how to mount my scope for a 100 yard zero and still be able to reach the max distance my set up will allow, im new to the long range stuff. Thanks for your help guys.

Your rings and base will dictate what adjustment you will have. Set it up the regular way. Make sure you get the scope square to the action. With the 20 MOA base you should be toward the end of the elevation adjustment at 100 yards.

It's been my experience with a 20 Minute base and a 50 minute scope. You'll just be able to zero at 100 with a couple minutes left over.

I've got a 20MOA Nightforce Base with Burris Signatures (High) holding my Nightforce to my Edge. I can get more elevation witht he inserts if I needed it,plus no ring marks.
EaglePack.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.