Base and rings for a savage rifle

Thanks men, for all your suggestions and information. I went outside the box to try something even more different. I ordered a DNZ gamereaper one piece direct mount. I will post pictures and info on how the mounting works out.

I have DNZ mounts on a 204 Ruger Savage Short Action and a 7mm Rem Mag long action and thus far have been pleased with both. I think I still prefer the more common base and ring setup on most rifles but if you are trying to cut back on weight the DNZ one piece mounts are a good choice.

I have also used and been pleased with EGW bases, Warne Bases, Ken Farrell Bases and rings, and Burris XTR rings.

Pick your poision, there are lots of good choices for these rifles.

There sure are a lot more choices now on products like this. I can remember back in the day, it was very rare to see a rifle with anything but open sights ( i was raised in a very small town) Seems like a lot of trial and error, now too though. Unless you have resources like this site.

I am putting a Vortex Viper 4X16X50mm on my Savage 11/111 LRH 7mm. I live away from any stores that carry rings so I need to order online. What ring height do you guys think would be best using Burris XTRs on a Weaver 20MOA picatinny base?

Thanks
Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.