Bartlein Barrels (Awesome Service)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wildcat, May 9, 2008.

1. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Wow, these guys were awesome to deal with. I ordered a new .30 cal 1-10 twist barrel. When I initially called I had questions regarding what twist I should use for the 208grn A-Max, 210grn Berger VLD and 210grn MK. I was originally going to go with the 1-11, however, Frank informed me I should go with their 1-10 twist barrel for those bullets.

The bottom line, Bartlein was awesome to deal with. I wanted to give a shout out to Frank Green and Andy. They were very helpful. If you have any questions about their barrels, ask for Frank Green.

W.

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Perhaps I am dense, but I don't understand how picking up a ringing phone during business hours is awesome service. I am retired and I will usually get up and answer the phone during the day if it rings and no one even pays me to do that any more.

3. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Come om Bob, you know how Wildcat is everything he does is AWESOME..

4. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

I am not going to say thier service is awesome as I have only used them twice, but they do build good quality barrels and they are only 4 weeks out right now....one week to go:)

5. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Eddy

Go look at the Forster thread in "Equipment".

That is the kind of service that rates a comment. The same type of customer service is why I always recommend Joel Russo and Kirby Allen.

6. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

I live about 10 miles down the road from Bartlein and they do make some great barrels!

7. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

I know they have made some good barrels (especially at first) and still do, but now I am also hearing reports of work not being done like it was ordered. Hopefully, this is just a glitch of growing pains.

8. James H

James H Well-Known Member

I did get an incorrect barrel, I ordered a 1.250" shank and received a 1.200" shank barrel, within a week I had the correct barrel in my hands. Even though I did have a problem I think Frank handled it very well. I would not hesitate a second to order another Bartlein barrel.

James