Barrett M99 trigger work

bigrich954rr

I have a M99 50cal would like to get the trigger worked on to lighting it up and take some of the creep out of it. any ideas how to work on this trigger group. what weight can it be set at.

I would contact Barrett and see if they will take the trigger group back and slick it up for you.

Because of the design of the system you will not get a REALLY good trigger pull no matter what you do but I have talked with guys that sent them back to Barrett and improvements were made on them.

I am sure they could be smoothed up but with a rifle of this value I hate to recommend anything that will void your warrantee on the rifle and with Barrett, that is pretty easy to do if you modify the rifle in any way.

Contact Barrett and see what they will do for you.

It is a shame the do not put a better trigger system in their single shots. For the M82 you can see the need for a mil type trigger but not for the single shots. THis is their weakest point in my opinion. Other then that very nice rifles.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.