Barrett BORS

Merlin

Hi, new to this site (my 1st post) and I was wondering what anybody here knows anything about the Barrett BORS system, and if anybody has any experience with it. Seems like from what I read on their site, it's a good idea just not sure if it works. That's alot of jingle gone if it doesn't!:confused:

Hello, Hello!

I haven't actually used the system but I was at the range when someone was using it. He shoots F class to 600 and said he had good luck with it. It apparently will give you corrections for elevation and angle of attack (Humidity too?) as long as your initial information was correct it should give you a spot on sight in range. No windage watsoever. It would essentially take the place of a drop chart and remembering where the scope is dialed to at the time. I was impressed with it, but it is a 3200 dollar system w/ the M4 scope (the only one that it will work on). It defenatly isn't on my short list of additions to my cabinet. Again, I never actually used it myself but I thought I'd share my two cents.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the insight. That's what I thought too, impressive but a whole lot of cash. Seems to me that it would be better if you could adapt it to some other scopes, maybe a nightforce or VX-III long range.

I agree, but the way the system works it is scope specific. It physically sits on top of the turret when you remove the origional knob off of the Mark IV leupald. At least Barrett feels the Mark IV is one of the best scopes out there for sniping and handling heavy recoil rifles. The Nightforce is about the same price as the mark 4 so if money is a factor???

If you are serious about getting one, just get the scope for now and you can always upgrade to top it off w/ the BORS later.

The whole thing (even just the mark IV) is out of my price range - I'm more like the 3-500 dollar range for my scopes LOL!

This looks like the best thing since sliced bread. I have Mark 4 scopes and may have to look into it. Would be great on my 338 AM. Just need to convience the wife to get a part time job now!

Anyone else have any experience with these?

This is just my opionion but you still have plug in all the atmopheric condition into your balistic computer to figure out windage at long shots. So if you have to plug it in for windage you get elevation out at the same time. It really only gives you half the information unless you only plan on to hunt when there is no wind. This just seems like add weight to your rifle and that maybe useful in a military application where you do not mind if the wounded critter/person crawls away or not. In a hunting situation it seems like more work since you still have to figure out windage.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts