Barrel???

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by lee31, May 7, 2012.

1. lee31

lee31 Well-Known Member

Guys I'm gonna do my first custom build its on a model 700 gonna be a 264 win mag. I plan on shooting a berger 140 vld hunting or a hornady 140 amax. What barrel should I go with Krieger Brux, Bartlien Lilja Shilen ect.... What twist rate I was thinking 8 or 8.5. 5 groove 6 grove. Thanks

2. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

I believe the Krieger and the Brux and the Bartlien are all cut rifled...and they are what I would want...in SST of course.

3. Fla shooter

Fla shooter Well-Known Member

I have a hart ! They make some great barrels

4. justgoto

justgoto Well-Known Member

5. Warbird782

Warbird782 Well-Known Member

I have shot Lilja, Shilen, and Kriegers with great success. I dont think that you would be disappointed with any that you listed.

6. GNERGY

GNERGY Guest

I bought a Krieger for my 6.5 WSM build. It has a 8 twist so I can shoot the 140 grainers. My friend has a Krieger on has 6.5x47 Lapua and has shot a lot of 1 inch or less groups at 500 yds with 140gr Berger VLD's. That is why I went with a Krieger, and Brunos has a lot of Kriegers in stock.
    tarey

7. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

I'd order what can get shipped the soonest. I have two Brux bbls and they arrived with in 10 weeks of order. Plus they're cut rifled.

8. Nimrod

Nimrod Well-Known Member

I used an 8 twist Broughton 5C for mine with the same bullets, was a great shooter, wish I still had it.

9. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Lilja 1:8" 3-groove or you can always talk to Dan Lilja ... very nice guy and easy to talk to.

Good luck!

Ed

10. Alan Griffith

Alan Griffith Well-Known Member

They're ALL good barrels. Pick the one that fits your budget and build time frame.

I've run, Broughton, several Kreigers, Lila and Pacnor. Have buds who the same in addition to Bartlein, Douglas, Shilen, etc. All good. I hear some less than desirable things about Rocks.

Alan