Barrel?

kc

One of the guys I hunt with bought a real nice 03A3 Springfield. The previous owner had to put a lot of money into it, there is one problem, its not very accurate at 100 Yards.
Can you tell if it has a Military? this guy spent a lot of time polishing it and its not rough
of dated and shows no signes of being military.

Probably need to get it evaluated by a riflesmith. He'll be able to bore scope the barrel, check the bedding for binds and such stuff as that.
What kind of ammo has he tried through it? Factory or reloads? what weight bullets? Ton of questions and things he can try.
I'm not a Springfield kinda guy but it's a rifle still. Let us know. JohnnyK.

I told him not to get to freeked out he is using a 150gr SST we need to spend a few days at the range, I have been cleaning it very often the inside is smooth no bulges the rod turns good.

I was just thinking if it was a whitteled down military tube.

Will do guys...thanks.

We have been shooting match loads that are death in my rifles.
also we went to 165gr SSTs, we will be going to the gun Doctor this week I think he can find the time look it over.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.