Barrel Suggestions

bedrok

I just learned the PacNor factory burned down. My best wishes go out to them and I hope they rebuild. I understand that's questionable. Now that my favorite barrels are unavailable, I'm looking for suggestions on good barrels. One thing I'd like is to be able to spec throat dimensions to leades. I could send pacnor dummy rounds as long as the magazine would allow and have the bullet touching the lands and they'd do it without me providing a custom reamer. I'm sure others do this but a couple that I asked wouldn't. I'm also looking to match the "Kimpro" finish on a kimber open country receiver. I could live with a bare stainless barrel and paint it if that turns out to be a problem.

Pac Nor had over 2000 reamers, only Douglas has more.

Great barrels are plentiful:
Brux
Krieger 4 Groove
Bartline 4 Groove
Lilja
Hart
Shilen
Many others.

Reamers to match your wants and wishes usually means you spec out a reamer, have the reamer maker make that reamer to your specifications, you send that reamer to the gunsmith to install your favorite barrel. Sell the reamer when you are done with the job.

Some gunsmiths order reamers with little throat, then throat to match customers needs, these are rare.

Good luck on the finish

Benchmark has quite a few reamer and they have always been pretty easy to work with. They have done barrels for me and were chambered very straight. I'm sure they would take your custom info and chamber as requested

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.