Barrel Material technical data

robbor

Do barrel manufactures have technical data avail on the supposed barrels? I am refering to info suck as barrel hardness on the rockwell scale or similar? I saw saw a claim on a aftermarket savage barrel site stating they use Lo____ Walther (No need to butcher the name just because I dont know the spelling), and it made sense to as I had heard in the past that these barrels were hard to machine. Do barrel manufactures heat treat their barrels? As normal when poking around looking at internet business websites, their information is lacking. I see very fer that list 3 groove rifling and special twists, if avail it may say call for details, why dont they just provide more details on the products they sell. Barrel makers/sellers in general have suck small web sites wouldnt more details and technical data draw customers. I guess I got to break out the old pac bell phone. I have heard of a few barrel options, ratchet rifling,3 groove,variable twist rifling but they dont seem to advertise this stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.