Barrel break in

If someone wants to check their scope's adjustment for actual movement in an environment where all sorts of variables in humans and the atmosphere will corrupt the results, they can certainly do it.

Others will just measure the reticule's movement across a ruler at target range up close, do some grade school math and have virtually zero environmental errors. Cheaper, easier, better and can be done at home.

Suit yourself.

Suit yourself.

You mean like the scope rail mounted to the heavy (50 lb) chunk of metal I have to mount the scope to, and my surveyors story pole in inches at 100 yards????

I do it both ways and see little difference. I didn't know what equipment the OP had Yoda, so I suggested shooting it in. We are not all Yoda's, but we do make out ok,,sometimes, and I have a full freezer.:)

Love Jeff

The rifle now has 100 rounds down the tube. After revisiting the chrono it seems I do get different numbers from the bench as opposed to shooting over it from a prone position. I shot two of my best groups ever with the creed at 1k on a 10" plate. Both groups show very little vertical and were both inside 6 inches for 5 shots each. After running the data in reverse and confirming drops at 300, 550 , and 1009 yards my muzzle velocity is 2880 witch is more inline with what I thought I should be getting. With the tight groups the rifle and I produced I am confident the barrel is settled in and stabilized.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.