barr&stroud rangefinder

30-06 boy

a friend of mine has a barr&stroud rangefinder that he would like to know what it is worth.its about 3 feet long and will range from 300 meters to 7000 meters.he bought it at the eastern sports and outdoor show a few years ago.purcased from Deutshe Optik,san diego,Ca.name on instructions say"wild Coincidence Rangefinder Model TM 2 *)cm Base".thanks guys

The Barr & Stroud and Wilde rangefinders are differnt brands and made in different countries.

There are some very good units and many rebuilt ones from resellers that may or may not function well. I have seen several rebuilt units that would not hold calibration, but the good ones are fairly rugged.

I bought an original Barr and Stroud several years ago from a collector. I paid $750 and it has been spot on ranging targets to extreme distances (over 10K meters).

Hope this helps
MV

the wild rangefinders are going for $300.00 to $500.00 depending on condition. to see if it works range on an object several times on different days and see if you get the same reading.
I have a wild dated 1972 it is great for ground hogs and looks brand new, bought in 1992

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts