barnes TSX

[ QUOTE ]
are these good for deer size game one rifle is a 243 the other 308 win.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are in fact my favorite bullet.

Been there, done that...one shot, one kill.

Almost boring performance.

Dead Beat,
One word "AWESOME". I have only used the 100gn .257 version in a .25-06 Sendero. At 200yds the bullet entered near the "poop-shoot" and lodged under the skin at the front of the chest. It was a beautiful mushroom (picture perfect) that weighed exactly 99.806 gns after I cleaned it up. In this gun it's as accurate as any I've shot, bar none.
Just worked up a load yesterday using the 140gn TSX for my 700PSS in 7Mag. Used 68.5 gn RL22/9.5M/Norma brass and got 3235 fps (average 3-shot) and .4525". This will terminate anything it comes in contact, quickly! JohnnyK.

[ QUOTE ]
Dead Beat,
One word "AWESOME". I have only used the 100gn .257 version in a .25-06 Sendero. At 200yds the bullet entered near the "poop-shoot" and lodged under the skin at the front of the chest. It was a beautiful mushroom (picture perfect) that weighed exactly 99.806 gns after I cleaned it up. In this gun it's as accurate as any I've shot, bar none.
Just worked up a load yesterday using the 140gn TSX for my 700PSS in 7Mag. Used 68.5 gn RL22/9.5M/Norma brass and got 3235 fps (average 3-shot) and .4525". This will terminate anything it comes in contact, quickly! JohnnyK.

[/ QUOTE ]
Similar experience with 6mm Rem, 257 Wby, 300 Wby, 340 Wby and 375 H&H

I use them in my 7MM08, my preference is the 120gn size. They are hard bullets and go through most deer that I have shot.

Here is an article I wrote for another forum that has a pic of a TSX mushroom, the only one I have recovered so far (and I had to dig 14 inches or so into a grassy bank to get it) Note when I washed it up and weighed it- it had retained 100% of its weight.

Fishnhunt fallow story

This Red/ Wapiti hybrid took two in the chest at 30 yards when we roared it in, neither of the TSX bullets exited which illustrates how solid the animals are.
[image]
fiordland2007057Small-1.jpg
[/image]

Seeing how they worked on our bigger deer I would have to say they would be impressive on your larger bodied game in the US

Cheers, Steve

Here is a 300 Yard group with the 180 TSX out of my 300 Winn with 81 grains of H-1000

11-5-2005-300-Win-Mag-groups300-yar.jpg

Here is a picture of an Antelope taken at 777 yards with the same load. One shot DRT
fa7vxj.jpg

You can see the Exit hole on the Doe taken at 777 yards

Dead Beat,
Same here..I have shot 14 deer and 10 coyotes with the 100g TSX in my 257wby. I recovered 1 out of a whitetail deer this past season,thats it! The bullet went from left sholder to the right ham after blowing up the sholder bone.
All were one-shot-one kill!!IMHO...I just don't think it gets any better then the 100g TSX and the 257wby.....from varmints to deer. I haven't tried them on elk but would move up to the 115g TSX if my game were to be bigger the mule deer.

again thanks every one im going to oder some factory ammo federal and black hill's and try to find something the rifle and pistol like's

DB

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.