Barnes MRX ??

ceg1963

I am always had an open mind. Truthfully, I am not a fan of the Barnes Bullets (I never could get them to shoot tight enough).

Anyone got any 338s yet?

Has any one here ever even used them yet?

Why can't they publish a BC?????

If the 225g 338 caliber MRX bullet is no less efficient than say a Nosler Accubond (.550 BC) why bother?

v/r

Ceg1963,

I agree totally. While it may be a good bullet, I personally feel there are other bullets on the market that will at least equal what the MRX will do and many will perform much better at extended range.

For the money they want for the MRX I think Barnes killed this bullet before it had a chance.

Just my opinion, I see no real advantage to this design over a bullet such as an Accubond or a Wildcat bullet.

Kirby Allen(50)

Fiftydriver,

Thanks. Lately I grow tired of trying them just to be dissappointed time and time again.

The concept is solid, no pun intended! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i have been shooting a few 30cal 180gr through my 300 win.
the best accy i have been able to get is .695 cc so far. i havnt messed with seating lenght yet.
havnt been able to get back to test at longer ranges (300yds specifically) due to the heat....104 today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but as mentioned "this bullet was killed before it started" 22.00$ for 20 ea...no thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

i think i will stick with the 200AB's.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.