Barnes LRX 200 Grain 30 Cal.

trapper300RUM

I have choosen to hunt with the Barnes LRX 200 Grain BT in my 300 Remington Ultra Magnum I am using 81.0 grains of Hodgdon RETUMBO & Winchester Large Rifle Magnum Primers Remington Brass once fired "In My Rifle " C.L. 2.845" & the O.A.L. 3.645" "They Chamber Perfectly" . The Velocity is @ 3,000 f.p.s.. I will get to take some much longer shots this season due to a new place to hunt & in those fields i can get up to 400-500 yard shot . I have a Swift Premiere 6x18x500mm long range scope & a few extra nerver pills for my shakey hands lol . Let me know what any of you long range think about this setup . The Barnes came highly recommended by my uncle who went out to the west & he used the Barnes LRX 200 grain & he got a awesome Mule Deer @ 640 yards

my heavy game load for the 300 ultra is the 168 barnes. My thought was that barnes bullets in the past have given me iffy results. The 168 may not be any flatter shooting but will still be faster way out there and that speed will at least insure some expansion way out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.