barnes 168s

lloydsmale

my ultra mag likes the 168 barnes ttsx better then about anything. Problem is i cant find them anywhere. I did find and ordered a box of there 168 tatical .30 cal bullet. Anyone here try both and did your gun shoot them differntly. Is there a real differnce in these two bullets.

The go-to bullet in my 7.82 Patriot is the 168 TTSX & it's treated me well. Which bullet did you go with the Tac-X or the Tac-TX?

t

it was the ttx and 96 grains of re25 that gave me 5 shot 3/4 inch groups at a 100 yards with my bdl 300 ultra. I ordered a box of the tac x 168s too to try later.

From what I've seen, the Tac-X is a rebranded TSX & the Tac-TX is a rebranded TTSX. The BC's are identical to one another (Tac-X to TSX & Tac-TX to TTSX), i'm pretty confident they are the same bullet.

t

this is the response i got from barnes

We have a few runs in the works but I can't tell if they are sold or not. You would be best suited to buy the TAC-TX's while you can. They are the exact same bullet just in a different label so we can sell them to police and military.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't realize manufacturers had to relabel product just to market the to the Law Enforcement/Military crowd.

Learn something new everyday :cool:

t

I kind of shook my head at it too. Kind of like hornady calling a vmax a zombie bullet and selling them to idiots.

my ultra mag likes the 168 barnes ttsx better then about anything. Problem is i cant find them anywhere. I did find and ordered a box of there 168 tatical .30 cal bullet. Anyone here try both and did your gun shoot them differntly. Is there a real differnce in these two bullets.

I have a few extra boxes on hand I could sell you? These are the 168 gr. TSX BT, and marked with a yellow label "Match Grade" on the edge in big lettering. I'd have to look for what I paid for them, plus the $5.80 USPS Priority Mail shipping costs.

Let me know you are interested and I'll see how many boxes I have to sell.

thanks for the offer. I allready had another guy on this fourm sell me a couple boxes so im set for this season. I really appreciate the offer though.
I have a few extra boxes on hand I could sell you? These are the 168 gr. TSX BT, and marked with a yellow label "Match Grade" on the edge in big lettering. I'd have to look for what I paid for them, plus the $5.80 USPS Priority Mail shipping costs.

Let me know you are interested and I'll see how many boxes I have to sell.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.