Bank of America Tells McMillan Group to Find Another Banker

*********I'd be real surprised to find that Cabela's is also the BANK behind the card. Look at your card - or your bill - and note where you're sending your money. It will be to some financial institution, not the company whose name is on the card (unless, of course, it is a bank branded card). ************

Stuff gets pretty complex, I just received a loan, and during the credit check portion I was
asked about my Well's Fargo account. I absolutely hate Well's Fargo. Service issues not politics. They tell me it's my CABELAS card? This was in the last 3 weeks. I've heard they are anti-gun but can't swear to it. It would not surprise me to find the NRA cards are affiliated with an anti-gun bank! I'm glad BOA was this overt makes it easier to see.

I've had my checking account with BofA since I was old enough to open one. Twenty years later all I can say is GO **** YOURSELF BANK OF AMERICA!!! Sorry Len but it needed to be said. I'm looking for a new bank. My family supports you Kelly and will be in to see you next month. I won't be bringing my BofA card!

I built a rifle last year and ended up with a Manners stock because nobody had the McMillan that I wanted in inventory and the lead times were unacceptable.

I love my Manners BTW. But if McMillan had better financing, perhaps they could be a little more aggressive with production and I might own their product? The same goes for other stock and barrel makers who are missing out on sales because they either can't forecast or don't have the financial resources to provide a ready supply of the right products.

Shame on BofA if this went down as stated. Unfortunately, most of the financial institutions are rife with corruption and now puppets of the incumbent regime. Obama's bailout was nothing more than a clever Ponzi scheme. i.e. using money he didn't have to bail out crooks so that they would be beholding to his regime

The sad news is that it goes much deeper than the 2nd ammendment.

Vote with your pocket books. Vote on election day. Just be decisive and don't leave any hanging chads.

-- richard

Some of the banks aren't the only anti-second amendment companies out there. There are many others, too. Levi's come to mind. Pays to know who you're buying from and their political views. Just more food for thought.

Some of the banks aren't the only anti-second amendment companies out there. There are many others, too. Levi's come to mind. Pays to know who you're buying from and their political views. Just more food for thought.

No kiddin? Wow, if you can find that info/article PM it to me.

Thank god I just switched to All American Clothing....

Kelly....FYI

Concerning payment portals and credit cards, 95% of my business, because it's world wide, I do through Pay-Pal via a commercial account. The encryption is excellent and my customers can use their credit card or wire transfer at their discretion.

Using Pay-pal as a portal is actually less than a direct swipe. Direct swipe is usually 4% (or better) plus a service fee and card reading hardware. Pay-Pal is 3% plus 30 cents per transaction and I take currency worldwide and they convert all to USD.

Some customers don't like Pay-Pal so.....

I also have set up with my commercial bank (it's a local no kool-aid bank) where they accept personal checks or bank checks drawn on offshore banks at a flat $5.00 per transaction, any amount and ISF checks or drafts are covered and collected at no expense to me.

Actually, a personal check or bank draft is as good as cash these days with immediate funds transfer, however, most people prefer plastic, something I try to avoid in personal transactions. Cash is king IMO.

Kelly....FYI

Concerning payment portals and credit cards, 95% of my business, because it's world wide, I do through Pay-Pal via a commercial account. The encryption is excellent and my customers can use their credit card or wire transfer at their discretion.

Using Pay-pal as a portal is actually less than a direct swipe. Direct swipe is usually 4% (or better) plus a service fee and card reading hardware. Pay-Pal is 3% plus 30 cents per transaction and I take currency worldwide and they convert all to USD.

Some customers don't like Pay-Pal so.....

I also have set up with my commercial bank (it's a local no kool-aid bank) where they accept personal checks or bank checks drawn on offshore banks at a flat $5.00 per transaction, any amount and ISF checks or drafts are covered and collected at no expense to me.

Actually, a personal check or bank draft is as good as cash these days with immediate funds transfer, however, most people prefer plastic, something I try to avoid in personal transactions. Cash is king IMO.

There is no company more anti-2nd ammendment than Paypal. But, a guy has to find a way to do business. Fat lot of good it does to stand on principle and go down with the ship.

-- richard

As suggested by another forum member, I did some quick research on "Cabela's Bank", known officially as World's Foremost Bank (WFB).

Here is a link to their site (the only site I could find for them when I did a Google search on the company name) - https://www.wfbcds.com/index.jsp Frankly, a very unimpressive site - but it says they had almost $3 billion in assets at the end on 2010. [No more recent info posted.]

Here's a link from CNN Money about some failrly recent problems they had with the FDIC - World's foremost credit card ripoff: update - Street Sweep: Fortune's Wall Street Blog Term Sheet - no comment beyond it was significant enough to hit CNN Money.

I found nothing to suggest they are owned by a third party, but their site has no ownership or history info, so, without some funded research - done by others, I have no idea whether the info posted on their site is accurate or current. [I also have no idea why no "more corporate looking" site appears for a company with $3B in assets - very closely held or?]

In any case, just following up on an open suggestion. I have no interest in beating on this or any other "financial institution", other than BofA.

There is no company more anti-2nd ammendment than Paypal. But, a guy has to find a way to do business. Fat lot of good it does to stand on principle and go down with the ship.

-- richard

That may be a true statement about Pay-Pal though I've never read anything to substantiate your statement, however, I offer other alternatives for my customers that prefer not to use Pay-Pal..... but I'm not in any firearm related business and don't plan to be.... ever. The inherent liability is too much, cost wise.

Cutting hairs, you could state that almost any entity can be anti Second Amendment whether, in fact, they have openly showed discriminatory attitudes or not.... but then..

I'm not cutting hairs, only offering alternatives. What works for me may not work for you.

Candidly, I'd really like to run my business on a cash or check only platform. That don't work for 2 reasons. One, there is a currency conversion issue and two, we exist in a world where people want immediate gratification so they pay with plastic and I ship immediately. Currency and checks take longer. No one has any patience today, fact of our generation.

I still stand on principle, however, I'm not loosing business for the sake of something that I haven't personally experienced from Pay-Pal. When and if that happens, I'll make the necessary corrections.

Until then, we'll keep floating along.:)

This is what happened in Germany in the 1930's.

I rest my case!!!!

Dave

Agreed:) - First they came

First they came for the handguns
and I didn't speak out because I was a fudd elk hunter

Then they came for the tactical rifles
and I didn't speak out because I was a fudd bench-rest shooter

Then they came for the conceal carry and caste doctrine laws
and I didn't speak out because I was a fudd duck hunter

Then they came for sniper rifles and shotguns
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

As suggested by another forum member, I did some quick research on "Cabela's Bank", known officially as World's Foremost Bank (WFB).

Here is a link to their site (the only site I could find for them when I did a Google search on the company name) - https://www.wfbcds.com/index.jsp Frankly, a very unimpressive site - but it says they had almost $3 billion in assets at the end on 2010. [No more recent info posted.]

Here's a link from CNN Money about some failrly recent problems they had with the FDIC - World's foremost credit card ripoff: update - Street Sweep: Fortune's Wall Street Blog Term Sheet - no comment beyond it was significant enough to hit CNN Money.

I found nothing to suggest they are owned by a third party, but their site has no ownership or history info, so, without some funded research - done by others, I have no idea whether the info posted on their site is accurate or current. [I also have no idea why no "more corporate looking" site appears for a company with $3B in assets - very closely held or?]

In any case, just following up on an open suggestion. I have no interest in beating on this or any other "financial institution", other than BofA.

My comment to your post concerning Worlds Foremost Bank (aka Cabelas), is simply this (and I read the link).

A deadbeat is a deadbeat, credit card or bank loan of foreclosure or a personal loan.

Upstanding business people pay down their credit lines in a forthright manner or they aren't in business anymore. Don't matter, BoA, Citi, or Uptown Bank and Trust... it's all the same.

Your link and the comment therein has little if anything to do with any indivdual or entity with a good, continuous credit rating.

Simply stated, they (Foremost Bank) is in business to make money. It's not charity. Want charity, go to the Salvation Army.

Agreed:) - First they came

First they came for the handguns
and I didn't speak out because I was a fudd elk hunter

Then they came for the tactical rifles
and I didn't speak out because I was a fudd bench-rest shooter

Then they came for the conceal carry and caste doctrine laws
and I didn't speak out because I was a fudd duck hunter

Then they came for sniper rifles and shotguns
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Gee, I have all the above.....

I'm royally screwed......:D

At my age, so are they........gun)

This story is starting to get some traction. Driving down the road and just heard Glenn Beck talking about it on his radio show.

Scot E.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.