Ballistics Software

TheHardWay

In your opinion, what is the best available ballistics software available on the market, and why?

I have been looking for something that goes into a little more detail than the basic external calculators available on the web. Possibly a pay-then-download version, so I can begin using it right away. Are they worth it? Anyone using the SHOOT! program?

As posted in response to your other Thread - Patagonia Ballistics LoadBase 3.0

There are a number of Forum members using that software and loving it, including myself.

Checked out Load Base...it looks like a pretty cool program. Just have to decide if I want to spend that kind of money for it now.

The only thing I plan on using in the field is the trajectories. I just want something that can calculate the BC of the bullets I am using at my actual velocities. I downloaded the Point Blank program and am going to play around with it for a while. I think it may offer everything that I am looking for, for now

In your opinion, what is the best available ballistics software available on the market, and why?

I have been looking for something that goes into a little more detail than the basic external calculators available on the web. Possibly a pay-then-download version, so I can begin using it right away. Are they worth it? Anyone using the SHOOT! program?

I use BulletFlite on my iPhone in the field.

I use Quick Target Unlimited which comes on the CD with QuickLoad on my desktop and laptop computers.

Fitch

I will put in my vote for the NightForce (Exbal) program. After owning both and comparing LB3.0 and Exbal side by side, it is clear to me that exbal fits my personal needs better. I was out with 2 other avid long range shooters yesterday busting rocks. I was first to shoot and we started with a 3' rock at 1762 yards. The NF exbal program had me dead on for elevation but I missed by 1 moa windage with my wind calc. (my bad) I corrected and sent another for a center mass hit. We also engaged rocks at 800 ~ 1250 yards and I was very pleased with my first round hits. I did fall short on a rock at 2295 yards as I ran out of MOA adjustment in my 8~32 NXS. Needed 87.5 and I topped out at 65 moa. But hey it was still fun..:)

Jeff gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.