ballistics program for phone

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by lamiglas, Apr 18, 2011.

1. lamiglas

lamiglas Well-Known Member

I tried a search and could not come up with anything. I use exbal on a pocket pc but my brother in law is looking for something for a phone. He is getting ready to upgrade to new phone and wanted to find a ballistics program / phone that would work together. In other words if there's a particular phone that works good for a particular balistics program he could buy that phone or if there's a particular program that works good with a particular phone he would buy that as well. If anyone has a combination that they really like please let me know. Or if you have been down this road and think he should stick with a pda and exbal also please let me know. Thanks alot

2. DT7

DT7 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine just got an I-phone. He chose that because he wanted to use the JBM ballistic calculator and that is the only platform that supports that program. I played with it a bit tonight and I really like it.

It has more features than the online version, like trajectory and wind drift graphing as well as a dial guage where you dial the distance, and wind speed and that spits out moa numbers to dial.

I don't know how it compares to exbal or others as this is the only one I have messed with, but I really like it.

3. ncub13

ncub13 Active Member

Kac Bullet Flight Military version and Ballistic FTE IPhone APP.

4. Gunner5607

Gunner5607 Member

I phone or Android. I'm using Shooter on Android system. It's right on the money! Shooter is well supported by the programer!

5. lamiglas

lamiglas Well-Known Member

Appreciate the responses guys, he is leaning towards a droid x phone, so i will have him look into the shooter program. i will give him the other information as well, so he knows what his options are. again, thanks alot.

6. Sperz208

Sperz208 Well-Known Member

For droid i like shooter and strelok, shooter cost 10 bones but if you have a higher end kestrel u can Bluetooth the two together and have a lot of info auto populated.