Ballistic program to take to the range.

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by timmyatnop, Jan 26, 2011.

1. timmyatnop

timmyatnop Well-Known Member

,Oh my gosh so darn manny options ,and i don't understand many of them at all, please forgive my ignorance, Computers and me dont mix the best. OK heres the deal ,Iam hunting for a electronic device that doesn't have a lot of bell or high tech stuff, I guess i don't wana do the smart phone thing , I just want a small thing i can throw in my range bag, and i want to be able to load a billistic program onto it , a program where all i do is plug in the number ,bc ,mv ,allitude, b pressure humidity,temp .Thats pretty good for me i guess an easy to run bc program.Ive read some blogs dell axium mabey, there was a few other computer devices also ,What do you guys think witch one and what bc program for a beginer. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE

2. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

For simple bumping to the range I like Exbal on a Dell Axim, if I really want to get into it and for longer ranges I prefer Loadbase. The one thing I love about Exbal is the trajectory validation tool, out to a 1000yrds or so it is GTG. Exbal is fast on even the slower Axim's, you can pick them up for little on Ebay.

Perry-Systems - Ballistic Calculator Software

3. timmyatnop

Ok thanks that's what iam gona do then, thanks again .

4. tim jurczak

tim jurczak Well-Known Member

I had my wife get me a refurbished Dell Axim x50v off Amazon last week for my B-Day for the very same reason. Have not installed XBAL yet but this seems the route to take. Nightforce also offers a program made by Perry Systems.

Tim J.

5. timmyatnop

Ok iam gona go with dell axium ,Hell yea.