Ballistic program for an iPad?

Crockett12

I've explored all the articles on:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f76/weather-meters-ballistics-software-palm-pc-28673/

However, I still haven't found the answer to my question.

Even though I'm a PC kind of guy, I recently won an iPad Mini and am looking for a ballistic program for it to take on my hunting trips.

I'm interested in a simple program where I can customize my B.C. as I sometimes hunt at medium to high altitudes and my research has seemed to lead me to either "iSnipe" for iPad -- or"Ballistic" for iPad.

1 - Do both programs allow the user to customize the B.C.?
2 - Does one have any advantage over the other?
3 - Does anyone else have any other recomendations?

Thanks,
Crockett12

I have an ipod touch and bought Shooter from itunes for $9.99. I am not an expert on this subject but I really like this program. It has a huge bullet library and you can synch the ipod to the web or web to the ipod. For example if you are home on your pc you can play around and develop some data, synch to your ipad/ipod, and head out. In the field you can tweak it very easily.

I have a kestrel 2500nv, a garmin 655T, and leica 1600b. With the data from those and the data in the shooter program I can get some pretty quick and accurate MOA adjustments.

For me, I am quite happy I have this little program on the ipod touch.

Oh and you can change data in the field and synch it back to the web. So then when you are home you can look at the data on the PC instead of the mini. The nice thing about that is the screen size, key board, and mouse use of the PC.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts