ballistic PDA

hoverp

Hi guys Im just getting my outfit setup for some long range shooting.

Savage 110 FCP in 338 LM, Nightforce 5.5-22 X 56 NSX NP-R1, 100 Lapua brass, going to start with 300 Grain SMK's and 300 Grain Berger Hybrids.

Two questions

What PDA or notebook/ tablet/android....do you guys run your ballistic program on out in the field and also what do you use for getting Baro pressure / rel Humidity/ temp and winds with.(does it work when its 10 below zero????)

also foranyone shooting the Savage 110BA or FCP with the accurate international magazine the mag says 3.850"(I assume this is max C.O.L ). do you have issues getting the Berger 300 grain seated close to the lands with the magazine restriction. I read that the magazine was really made for the 300 SMK ogive vs the long nosedBerger Hybrid.

thanks guys.

Hi guys Im just getting my outfit setup for some long range shooting.

Savage 110 FCP in 338 LM, Nightforce 5.5-22 X 56 NSX NP-R1, 100 Lapua brass, going to start with 300 Grain SMK's and 300 Grain Berger Hybrids.

Two questions

What PDA or notebook/ tablet/android....do you guys run your ballistic program on out in the field and also what do you use for getting Baro pressure / rel Humidity/ temp and winds with.(does it work when its 10 below zero????)

also foranyone shooting the Savage 110BA or FCP with the accurate international magazine the mag says 3.850"(I assume this is max C.O.L ). do you have issues getting the Berger 300 grain seated close to the lands with the magazine restriction. I read that the magazine was really made for the 300 SMK ogive vs the long nosedBerger Hybrid.

thanks guys.
I just print a drop chart off of Hornady's ballistic calculator for each rifle/caliber and keep a copy with/on each rifle buttstock on the one's I don't shoot regularly and those I do I just keep in my head.

I have been thinking about picking up a cheap used PDA off of EBAY for the same purposes though.

You can find them from about 5.00 up.

Here is what I'm going to say about cheep pdas. Don't do it, I have
Been through 3. Pain in the ***! I have a 100$ version of xball
Sitting here and no PDA. The battery's die and u loose all ur data
Every time. iPod touch 8g is 200$+5.99 for shooter and apple
Product support is win win.

I use my Droid Bionic with the "Shooter" program. The program gets the weather data from the internet for your GPS location so it's automatic as long as you have a signal. If not you can enter the data manually. Very good program.

Thanks guys ...ipod and shooter seems to be a popular choice.

as far as little weather stations...anyone use the Brunton ADC Pro..looks like a full little wx station, baro, wind, temp, humid, altitude. density and more I found it on the net for around 120 bucks lowest price .

thanks

Patrick

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.