BALLISTIC CALCULTORs

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by disabledamerican53, Jul 27, 2012.

1. disabledamerican53

disabledamerican53 Member

You know, it would be nice to carry the internet into the field of hunting so I could use a ballistic calculator. Problem is, ALL the talk on the Forum so far, I have NO clue. iPod this, Droid that, Dell axim this, HP IPAQ HX2790B that, its just confusing.

STRAIGHT Question.

What Hardware ( handheld device) and what Program go together, THAT will work, in the middle of the desert where there is NO cellphone towers, Satillites in the sky, no internet connection, no phone connection. Just ME the Calculator and the Game to be hunted?

Thanks to whom answers

2. ultraedge

ultraedge Well-Known Member

G7BR2 rangefinder. It will give ballistic solutions to 1400 yds. and will give range much farther. Available from Len at LRH store on this website. Gary Campbell

3. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

IPod touch and Shooter app, shooter costs $10.00 and IPod is dependant on which storage capacity you get.

4. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

5. Joe King

Joe King Well-Known Member

6. emn83

emn83 Well-Known Member

LG Spectrum and Shooter, no cell reception no problem

7. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

The Motorola Droid Bionic works without network connection very well. The only difference is you must put your weather information in manually instead of it loading it from the internet, which I don't do anyway. You can also use it for measuring distance with Google Earth and Google Maps.

8. Wile E Coyote

Wile E Coyote Well-Known Member

I have a Dell Axim51. Bought it years ago and now use it exclusively for shooting and related stuff only. Last year I found another Axim51 on Amazon along with a couple of replacement batterys for under $75. When the original unit breaks, the new one will simply be put into service by charging a battery and swapping an SD card.