ballistic cal.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1tonpower, Dec 24, 2011.

1. 1tonpower

1tonpower Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    this is the most basic of questions and i probably already know the answer but ill ask anyways.

the data on the speed sheet is from my swarovki app on my phone, the left is hornady's calculator from there web sight. all the input date is the same for both. why are the two rage cards so far off

2. 1tonpower

Any insight?

3. Greywolf18

Greywolf18 Well-Known Member

Check what barrel length was used when testing. For instance, in my reloading manuals they will tell you what rifle with what barrel length and twist. If the one uses a 26" barrel and the other a 24" barrel there will be some difference. I would check all the inputs and ensure that all the inputs are actually the same.

4. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

I loaded your Hornady info on my Ballistic FTE , I Phone The Hornady data is correct. The Swaro calculator is giving bad elevation data. Windage is OK. Can't tell what the problem is. You might want to check the input data on the Swaro. Double check the BC and drag model.

5. 1tonpower

thanks for checking the data for me.

the muzzle velocity from swarovski was 3450 also. that was defaulted when i loaded the 70 g federal loaded NTB. that is the same MV that federal list on there sight. with hornadys ballistic calculator i was able to input all the data to match was the swarovski BC said.

i am just getting into dialing the scope for range. Im using a red field range fider scope, and only have a turret for elevation, the the windage doesnt have a return to zero turret so hold off if i have to.

im looking for a calculator that works, i under stand that all rifles are going to shoot differently, and i should chrono. my rifle. but i dont have one yet so i can only go on what the factory load data says. until i buy a good BC app for my phone ill be using the one on hornady's sight.

i dont mind paying for an app but i want it to work. any suggestions?

6. Greyfox

I have been using Ballistic FTE on my I phone for well over a year. It has proven to e totally reliable, easy to use, and field proven with several different loads.

7. 1tonpower

I just searched the app store for Ballistic FTE and nothing came up?

8. Greyfox

Use, Ballistic Field Tactical Edition. That will bring it up.

9. 1tonpower

I found it after I posted that.. Thanks