Bald Eagles and Hooded Mergansers

Hey, guys, thanks for the comments.

Coyboy, my knee surgery was on February 8, the day after my birthday, and I am doing quite well.

Pinshooter, yes, I sent you an email after viewing it. Quite unusual to get that close without a blind.

hey Len, Thanks and glad to hear things are going well. Wish I had a camera like yours though.Your pics make mine look sick LOL. Took the vid on my digital camera so sorry for the terrible quality. He was eating on of the coons I had shot and left out for the yotes. So no yotes but it went to a better place.My wife and I waited for a half hour or so behind the pine tree for him to return after I scared him off by walking up on him. Got about 50 feet from him,before he took off. He was distracted by my peacocks and I suprised him. Thought he might get my peacocks for a bit since they are not afraid of much and walked right up on him and were circling him. Thanks for all your pics though love them Tod

[ QUOTE ]
Not to down play the eagles, but man those hoodies sure are beautiful birds!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...+1

wow, they finally showed up for me! nice job, love the mergansers, good thing they look better than they taste.

are you in a blind when shooting?

nice work

baldeagle.jpg

The local Indian tribe, the Lower Elwaha. Has some guys that do stream repair in the M&R land, they found and captured this wounded bird. They took it to a refuge in Sequim, WA. It had to be returned to the exact same spot that it was found, but the bummer was that it had no real dammage, just tired and dehydrated and hungry. They said that they thought that it was in a teritorial dispute, so it will probably be put it back where they found it wounded.

They were bringing their 325B by the shop as we were leaving and they had to transfer it bewteen trucks so I saw it and asked about it, thought it was dead, but it was just bound in a coat and wire. Just so no one thinks that they were driving around town with it tied to their hood, bragging.

A very cool thing to be able to pet on the head, let alone take a close look into their eyes.....Mark 4 and Nightforce couldn't compare.

Joe Oakes

lovdasnow

Yes, these were shot from a blind.

I am finally working on putting together a website to feature my photography. It will be ready be next weekend.

Stay tuned.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts