bad primers help

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by ven, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ven

ven Well-Known Member

Just had 2 missfires out of 20 with small cci primers .There is a very good firing pin strike on them bothe so i dont think it is my firing pin.Has anyone got any suggstion.thanks.

2. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

That's areally high percentage. If you feel there's nothing else amiss than switch lot #s.

3. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

I have had similar problems with CCI primers. I havent used them in 10 years because of that. Couldnt tell you how they are today.

4. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

I think I'd let CCI know about it...

5. ktms4me

ktms4me Member

What kind of gun were you shooting? I had tc encore do that, it was a weak hammer spring.

6. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

I"ve shot thousands of the 400 small rifle primer out of my triple deuce without a hiccup. Not one problem with them.

I've also used the CCI BR-2, and 200's for my non mags, like 243, 25-06, 270 with no problems.

Currently use the 250 mag in the 338 EDGE.

Believe I use the 550 small pistol mag for my 357

Bottom line for me is I've not had 1 single problem with CCI primers. I started using them probly about 10 years ago.

How old were the primers?? How were they stored if they were old??

I would call CCI and let them know the lot #. Maybe they would reimburse you in the meantime??

7. ven

ven Well-Known Member

The rifle is a cooper mod 21 in 6mmppc .I will get in contact with cci to see wot they have to say.
    In the past though i have shot thousands of their primers without any problems.

The primeres were stored in a dry ccabinet inside my house their is no way any moisture could get to them.

Maybe though it was my bad and i got some oil on them during the relodnig process.