Bad Customer Service from XXXX, but Kudos to MasterCard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barm, Jan 23, 2009.

1. barm

barm Well-Known Member

I placed an order for powder last month with xxxx and they sent the wrong powder. They were not apologetic nor did they offer any remedy to the situation. They recommended I try and sell the powder to someone locally. Luckily I payed with my credit card and I disputed the charge. Thank you, Mastercard, they got my money back.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
  2. LostInSpace278

LostInSpace278 Well-Known Member

I've heard a lot of people using xxx. Guess they do not want to be in business that much longer, if that is the response they gave.

3. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

How much powder did you purchase and what did you end up doing with it?

4. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

Barm, just so you know, you have what is called a preliminary credit from your bank. This deal is not done. The merchant has 45 days to respond to your dispute and they likely will once they find their account has been debited for the amount and they will also get a letter from their bank, and maybe yours.

You should have to sign bank forms which will arrive in the mail asking you to confirm why you dispute the charge.

If by chance xxx has a company policy that it cannot take back powder that has been sold, whether opened or not, they will likely use that, despite the fact it is their error in sending you the wrong powder.

What SHOULD be done is they send you exactly what you paid for at their expense if they cannot take the powder they sent you back. If they can take it back, they should pay shipping/hazmat.

They will be getting an email from me about this mode of business since I was about to place an order with them.

5. barm

barm Well-Known Member

I ordered 2 pounds on N130 and 1 pound of N120. I got 2 pounds of N130 and 1 pound of N135. Unfortunately I could not return the powder because it is a hazardous material and I do not have a Haz Mat contract with a shipping company. None of the gun shops in my area ship powder so I could not send it back.

Derek,
    I filled out the dispute form in December along with sending the itemized order form and pictures of what I received. I was told on the 15th my account had been credited for the $23.95 which was the cost of the incorrect powder.

6. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

Sounds like things are right on track. But the merchant,xxx still has 45 days from the day they receive notice of the dispute (not when you started it) to respond. Watch your statements carefully. That charge may get reinstated on your account, and only afterwards will you get a letter of explanation from your bank.

What you really need to do is call your CC company and ask for a new CC number for that same account. You will get a new card with a new number but all of the balances, etc., remain unchanged. It is the same account but different CC #.

I've seen merchants rebill disputed charges several months after the buyer thought it all went away. They have your CC # on file. If you get a new number, they cannot run the charge again. If they do re-run the charge many moons from now, you have to start the dispute all over again.

Contact UPS and ask them if they cannot "return to sender" this package as it is the wrong product.

7. barm

barm Well-Known Member

Derek,

I took you advice and changed my credit card number for the account. I asked xxxx to request a "return to sender", but they told me Fedex would not do it because it was a hazardous material.

8. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I just got my first ever order from xxxlast week with no issues, but I'll certainly remember this before I order from them again.

9. SomeRumbum

SomeRumbum Well-Known Member

I also had a very, very, very bad experience with xxx. This was over a custom built rifle. Needless to say I will never, ever, ever do business with xxxs again. I recommend that others who are looking for a custome built rifle go elsewhere. Fast.

10. flyin lizard

flyin lizard Well-Known Member

FYI
    UPS will not accept it back as a return to sender wrong item situation. To use UPS it must be shipped through a registered Haz-mat shipper and the UPS customer counters at UPS buildings do not count as such,,

11. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

Just my .02 but I have had dozens of transactions with them over the years with not one problem. They have even gone above and beyond the call more than once to make sure I had products needed before a match.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Did you talk to xxx?

Just got off the Phone with xxx (ordered some of the new "Thunderbird" replacement powder for my PPC) and xxx was not aware of this so you might call her.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  12. ABRUNO

ABRUNO New Member

Hello,
    If the gentlemen with the powder and rifle issues will please contact me I can look into this for both of you. Neither of you have given names so I have no way of researching it on my end.
    Thanks,
    xxx

13. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

I've ordered several items from xxx and had issues with Fed Ex. Amy, was very helpful working out those issues and made sure I received my stuff. With primers, they've been very good making sure I was getting what I ordered.

My 2 cents

14. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I have had excellent service from xxx

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010