Bad batch of Lapua Brass

How do I explain the lack of resistance when priming the original cases.............Some had normal pressure and some had little if any.

I still think it was the BRASS..................

Or I might use what the Smith recommended for fireforming......

40gr of H4350 and the 105 seated .001 off the lands....................

That's what I will do the next time.
So, this occurred BEFORE you fired anything?
I think it is more likely the primer than the brass at fault, not all primers measure the same.
Lapua brass is very very good, I still have 100 for my 300WM that I only use for target loads and have loaded in excess of 15 times, no leaky primer pockets, they're still firm, not tight but firm. Lapua discontinued making 300WM brass some time ago now, and I anneal my brass so that it lasts.
I don't think you have a problem.

Cheers.
gun)

Im not sure what the issue was .........................I switched Powder for the last of my fire forming. Went to RL 22 shooting a 105gr......

One person wrote that I was getting pressure spikes for some reason..........That makes sence to what was happening.

Who really knows what went wrong. The last batch of Lapua brass I used Fed 210 primers and had NO issues .......................... Could have been the powder could have been other things ..............................

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.