Back pack to carry the 338am

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by new shooter, Nov 16, 2007.

1. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

Is the gun slinger pack long enough to hall the 338 am 32" barrel with NF scope? Is there a better pack for hauling the rifle?

2. 257speed

257speed Well-Known Member

The gunslinger was not big enough for my 26" barrel rifles. I did buy the big brother to it, the Phantom Eberlestock Phantom Sniper Pack I hauled a 28"barrel rifle around in it for a week and was very happy. Good luck

3. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

Eberlestock "just one pack" is another good one. I've carried a 28" 10 lb gun around for miles in comfort with it.

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Had same problem w/a 270 AM this season. Solved it when I came back. Searched the stores and tried the packs. None fit my bill. Its not just carrying the rifle that's important but carrying and accessibility of all of the other 'stuff' that makes the LRH shot doable too.

I adapted all the "stuff" I had on the hunt as best I could and from that experience, upon returning home, I brought the sewing machine into action and made my own.

I'll post details one of these first days. It may give you some ideas.

5. blygy

blygy Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the gunslinger website????

It might fit my 24" barreled 6.5X300WM

Thanks

6. dirtball

dirtball Well-Known Member

Took 15 seconds on Google

Eberlestock Packs

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
  7. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

pack for 338 am

"
    thanks gg. It looks like i will get the Ederlestock just one pack. At least i will have all my gear. Kirby is still trying to get my 338am under 16 pounds.We are at 18 wright now.