b.o.s.s

calib

i got a 7mm wsm with a boss, and was wondering how i would go about loading for it. i have loaded accurate rounds for other guns, but with this can i load something a bit faster and tune it in or what?

IF it were me I would take the boss off! If you need it for the recoil reduction get a propre muzzel break.

The boss has to be the loudest thing ever.

With that said, I would set it and work up a load just like anything else. When you fins a acceptale load then try messing with the boss and see if you can tighten it up.

Willys46

I agree with the sentiments above. The BOSS is ungodly loud!
But you can purchase the non-brake BOSS attachment straight from Browning. Same thing without the holes.
That takes care of that.

As far as tuning, who knows? Well I'll predict that nobody does..
But it won't hurt anything.

Just follow safe loading practices as you would with any other gun. You should of gotten Browning literature with a suggested sweet spot for the cartridge and bullet weight you are using.
I've had the opportunity to shoot many A-Bolts that were BOSS equipped and it has never failed to produce exceptional accuracy for an inexpensive out of the box rifle.gun)
Never thought they were louder than any other brake. If you do the Conventional Recoil BOSS is available and I beleive is included with the new A-Bolts
Phil

i have the conventional recoil piece for the boss, but i was hoping to have the break on there also to make for more comfortable shooting

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts