Aztek Firearms Mapleton UT????

losthelegend

Has anyone in UT had any work done by Aztek Firearms in UT? Any reference positive or negative would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Send Brian (Tikkalover), with Shoot-Long.com a PM. He mentioned he's used them before.

I haven't had them build anything yet, but I did handle their products at the SCI show this year. They seem to know what they are doing and their products was first class stuff. I'm contemplating using one of their actions for my next build.

If you are talking about Aztek Arms go over to Snipers Hide and look at
#1395546 - 10/21/09 09:40 AM *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

They went by another name then, but a lot of people are out thousands of dollars without anything to show for it.

Last edited:
Precision Shooting got into some financial trouble and thus delivery challenges while the economy was so bad. A new partner came in in 2011 and completely changed the company. The new partner changed the name to Aztek Arms, Inc.. They produce excellent Hunting and Tactical rifles but the thing that seems to be really driving their business is their Actions and components. I have two rifles they have built and love both of them.

There aren't many companies that were not affected by the economy over the past several years. They seem to have weathered it and survived.....and thrived. George has been beat up some by over promising a bit when he first started. His new partner is running the business now and they deliver when they tell you.

I would have no problem having them build another rifle for me.

Rocky Mnt Shooter

I'm assuming you live in Utah, not sure why I do. If you want a local gunsmith I'd talk to GRIT on this forum. I've heard nothing but good about him on this site and his illistrated "how to" posts show how maticulous he is.

I'm assuming you live in Utah, not sure why I do. If you want a local gunsmith I'd talk to GRIT on this forum. I've heard nothing but good about him on this site and his illistrated "how to" posts show how maticulous he is.
LRS thanks!! should Aztek Arms ever disappoint me I'll look him up. Thanks again sir!! This is a great forum.

I haven't had them build anything yet, but I did handle their products at the SCI show this year. They seem to know what they are doing and their products was first class stuff. I'm contemplating using one of their actions for my next build.

Durak they are great! Excellent people and company. The Sniper Hide thing hurt them some that was more mostly over delivery timing. The company as far as I've observed has become a excellent company in the last few years. Their new partner has really come in and changed things for the better. I personally have two rifles they have built and they are the best rifles I've ever owned. I consistently out shoot anyone I hunt with. Several of their competitors now use their actions.

Anyway hope this helps..........RMS