Awesome long range moose!

Discussion in 'Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)' started by JP100, Jan 23, 2014.

1. JP100

JP100 Well-Known Member

Hey guys
    No doubt you have probably seen this vid before.
    Does any one know this guy? Or what set up he is using?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWAXQUCv8qo]Long Range Hunting. 1100 Yard bull moose kill - YouTube[/ame]

ps feel free to move some where if this is the wrong place.

2. bman73

bman73 Well-Known Member

I cant remember exactly what his set up was but it was a 7mm rem mag I'm pretty sure. I had messaged him on you tube several years back when it first came out. He's from just north of me and has several other vids on you tube as well. Or he did, he may of pulled them because of some of the flack he was getting from other posters. Everything from people saying he's endangering the life of his daughter by having her with him to how a real hunter would never shoot that far. when I saw this vid for the first time it was one of the big drivers for me to start trying it myself, blew me away (no pun intended)

3. matemike

matemike Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it. Thanks for sharing.
    Area looks a lot like where I hunt, on the Salcha River.

Only difference is that my kill was 1/4 that distance.

I also wouldn't bring my daughter who couldn't handle a firearm into bear country like that. She'd need to be about 6 or 7 years old, or momma would have to be with us. Not snarking at the guy. That may be his ONLY option to ever hunt; on daughter-daddy weekend. Just saying I wouldn't do it.

4. Rockfish Dave

Rockfish Dave Well-Known Member

Thanks captain buz kill...

5. mountainman56

mountainman56 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I had not seen that one before. I always was a little envious of guys who could drive their boat to hunting areas. :)

6. COBrad

COBrad Well-Known Member

Very cool. Great shot great video. Makes me wish I were 20 or 30 years younger and moving north.