Australian Jake

bugmen

Gidday my name is Jake im from Australia, Im am right into long range varmit shooting,the game that i hunt are Rabbits, Hares, Kangaroos, Pigs, Dingos, Foxes, Feral cats and Deer, ( Fellow, Sambar and Red Deer ) and the odd Camel and Donkey. Ive got a few rifles, a Sako Varmiter in 22-250, topped with a Leopold 6.5 to 20 VXL, Rem 7mm mag topped with the same scope. Ive just purchased Rem Sendero in 25-06, what i would like to know, is there any body out there that has a Sendero in 25-06, that can tell me, what they think of it, and what are the best loads that they have used. Id also like too know what is the Sendero capable off, distance and grouping.
Cheers JAKE

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Jake.

You guys sure do have a different bunch of critters to shoot down there than what we have up here.:)

You might try your 25-06 question in the general forum to start with. You'll get better results over there as there's not as many people that read the members introduction forum.

GiDay Jake,

Welcome to the site. The blokes here are real smart on the long range hunting game. I am sure they can help you a lot. Plenty of Sendero owners here.

I have a 25-06 in a custom build. It is a great long range calibre for Aussie small and medium game at long range.

I use 51grn AR2209 behind the 100 grain Nosler BT.

I recently bought a new Sendero for a conversion project to .338 EDGE to use on Sambar. Should be ready for use this winter.

howdy aussie's! I had no idea you had the shooting oportunities there that you have. good on ya mate.I am from the northwest woods and had the good fortune to visit there as a pit crew/mech. for a nascar team in the melbourne area. looked like jackrabbit and coyote heaven to me. Just wanted to say no one ever treated us and our invasions upon the local pubs better than y'all did THANKS had a blast there even if we did ruin a good car.

Im having a little trouble getting around this web site, its all very new to me. How do i place a question on the site, so as to try and get some one to help me with a few answers, about loading and genaral questions about my Sedero 25-06. the web site is great, but i am having trouble navigating my way around. Any help would be very greatful
Regards Australian Jake lightbulb:)

Im having a little trouble getting around this web site, its all very new to me. How do i place a question on the site, so as to try and get some one to help me with a few answers, about loading and genaral questions about my Sedero 25-06. the web site is great, but i am having trouble navigating my way around. Any help would be very greatful
Regards Australian Jake lightbulb:)
Just click on the forums icon up top.
Then open up the section you are interested in and post your question.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.