Attention: Please read and contact your representatives!!!

mindcrime

Ammunition Accountability Act
Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns?
Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including TN, Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition
be encoded by the manufacturer, and a data base of all ammunition sales maintained, so they will know
how much you buy and what calibers. Un-encoded Ammunition may not be sold after June 30, 2009.

Privately held, uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand-loaded ammo.)
They will also be a .05 cent tax on every round. so each box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50!
If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

Please give this the widest distribution possible and contact your Representative!

It's the ammunition, not the guns... guns have a Constitutional protection. Ammo does not.
A list of states where this legislation is included in the final paragraph. Not in Fla. yet! They'll go where the pansies are first.

Heads up to all of you who swore to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND domestic.
Let your State Legislators know that we do not want this bill passed! Petition them to vote NO on this bill. We must keep after
them until the bill is closed, by bombarding them with e-mails, phone calls, and letters.

Get to all your politicians to get to work and DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!
The 2009 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country.
Below is a list of states where legislation has already been introduced:

Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey,
New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

More information can be found at: http://www.usavsus.info/US-AmmoRegistr.htm

THIS IS AN ATTACK ON OUR FREEDOM. LET'S BAND TOGETHER AND FIGHT THIS!!!

Highest Regards to my Shooting Community!!!

Dear Mr. Brandland, Ericksen and Ms. Linville,

Please stop the 'Ammunition Accountabilty Act' or any other 'gun control' measures that come before you. This is yet another strike against what should be a sacred right to self-defense for those of us that are law abiding. Again and again, this kind of legislation, which is only newly packaged gun control efforts, does absolutely nothing to help the law abiding citizens in your districts. What is does do is restrict further law abiding citizens God-given right to self defense as it will cost more to have the right to self defense and there will be yet more paperwork involved. Those that wish to do wrong using guns do not care one iota about laws already--that is clear--so they certainly won't care about this legislation and will most likely continue their behavior regardless of any legislation.

This legislation would also essentially prohibit the practice of loading your own pistol ammunition, am I right? I hunt and have loaded my own rifle ammunition for years because I can select the type of powder, primer, bullet, etc. to provide the best combination of accuracy and lethality to humanely as possible kill an elk, for instance. Those that are knowledgable about loading their own ammunition know that they are able to do this much better themselves with carefully loaded custom crafted ammunition that takes into account a tremendous number of variables that factory ammunition cannot and does not and can never do. I would be happy to explain the mulititude of facets that are taken into account when carefully and conscientiously loading your own ammuniton, but that is beyond the scope of this letter. Factory ammunition cannot be custom tailored to the individual firearm, often resulting in less accurate ammuntion that may not kill an animal as humanely as ammunition tailored to a specific gun.

I have recently purchased 2 auto pistols--one for myself and one for my wife and we have also recently applied for concealed weapons permits and my wife has already been enrolled in a 'women's handgun class' put on by Whatcom County Parks and Recreation at the excellent Whatcom County owned Plantation Rifle Range. We seek to be as knowledgeable and responsible as we can be regarding firearm ownership. I doubt folks that are using handguns to commit crimes think likewise and so, once again, 'gun control' laws end up only 'controlling' the law abiding population and negating further our right to self defense against criminals.

I would like to use my pistol as protection when I'm hunting as well if I happened to have an encounter with an agressive bear or a pack of wolves. (As wolves are now clearly established in our state, this will be a rising concern for those that visit the outdoors regularly. There are numerous examples of concerning behavior of wolves towards humans already coming out of Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. Wolves do attack and kill people--Sports Illustrated magazine recently had an article detailing how a pack of wolves killed a young man in northern BC. Two years ago, a lone kayaker was attacked by a lone wolf in the northern coast of Vancouver Island--the story was all over the BC press. Several years ago a kayaker was attacked in his tent, but succeeded in running off the wolf, and I met a kayaker on the west coast of Vancouver Island this year who told me of another story of a wolf biting the head of a man while in his two man tent with the door open with his son next to him. Many of these stories do not make it to the press. The wolf pandora's box has been opened...) I have not found any factory ammunition for my pistol that has the combination of bullet and killing power that I want for a close enounter with an aggressive bear. However, I can have this combination needed for bear if I am allowed to load pistol ammuntion, which this bill would prohibit, as I read it.

Thank you for your service.

I sincerely await your replies,

-----------------------------------------------------

Folks, email your state legislators! Use parts of mine above if need be or write your own, but exercise your right to influence the political process.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.