Atlas Bipod/BT15 Mounting Help

CLKHunter

I've convinced myslef that I need an Atlas bipod and now I'm exploring ways to mount it on my Savage 10 with HS Precision Stock. I don't want to drill the stock, or do anything else that might be too involved. The Seekins SRS rail that requires no modifications and lots of people seem to be happy with has been sold out for months and no one knows when it will be in stock. So my other option is Atlas BT15. Has anyone ever used it without drilling/tapping their stock?? Accushot says that "A standard sling stud and Sling Stud spacer can be used as one fastener or two Button head machine screws can be used to attach this rail to the forearm of standard rifle stocks.". My questions is, since my stock has 2 sling studs already installed, can't I just use both of the existing sling studs to secure the BT15 without drilling new holes?? Basically the same way as the seekins mount. Thanks,

Mount:
Accu-Shot Product Catalog – Monopods – Bipods - Accessories

Rifle
Savage Arms

Yes you can... You need to use the 10x32 button head screws or your studs to attach the rail to your stock. The BT15 is made so that it can accept the different screw spacings of the studs for stock to stock.

Yes you can... You need to use the 10x32 button head screws or your studs to attach the rail to your stock. The BT15 is made so that it can accept the different screw spacings of the studs for stock to stock.

Thanks Joel. Good to hear that it will work. I ordered the BT10/LW17 today with the rail and the screws. Cant wait to put them on!

I ended up using 1" SS 10-32 button screws to attach the rail. Everything is nice and tight.

Attachments

• Atlas1.jpg
    Atlas1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Atlas2.jpg
    Atlas2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 94
How does your sling attach? I really like the SRS from Seeking and low profile of sling stud can face fore or aft

I like Seekins SSR better as well and wanted to buy it, but couldn't find it anywhere in stock for HS precision stock. You can just use the existing studs to attach the rail too. That's most likely what I'm going to end up doing at least for one side.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.