Atlas Bi-pod Picatinny rail

rooster721

Hey guys, made the decision to upgrade bipods this year.. am going with Atlas quick-detach, looks to be a bipod that might stand up to the tests of time.

Anyways, question I have is actually about the rail a guy will need to mount the bipod onto your stock... is there a lower-profile swivel stud-mounted type or just the weaver model, with the pin thru the stud type?? I saw Gunwerks offers a very-low profiled rail, but how does that mount..? Have you got to drill/install some kinda threaded anchors into the stock to mount it up/require gunsmithing to do??

Has anyone got experience with these bipods and mounting them? Stock is an MPI thumbhole, on a custom model 70.. hunting rifle. Has a single swivel-stud upfront.. (threadolet embedded inside fore-end) - thanks

I have taken a file or the mill to a piece of Weaver rail and cut it down to fit the Atlas.

I was looking at these bipods, however, would it be difficult to convert my HS PST 036 stock to accept this. Would it be as easy as just using the sling studs or other screws? I was on the Atlas Bipod Accessories website, trying to see what it would take to do. I don't like the rail fasteners which go in through the top!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.